Monday, September 28, 2009

Cigarette Girl

I went to the showing of Cigarette Girl with only seeing the trailer for the movie. I expected some crazy movie about a post apocalyptic world in chaos over cigarettes, and a non stop shooting spree by some woman. The movie turned out to be MUCH more that what I imagined. The movie had real character development and thought. The plot had dept that i did not anticipate with certain twists that made me rethink my interpretation. I was able to see the connections that we made in class between Fiction and Non Fiction. I thought of how the names were very simple or they were not really a name like Cigarette Girl. It made the viewer create the characters how they saw fit. Watching the movie like a book was not as hard as it seemed. The lack of details in the movie made you picture things and situations differently from the other viewers. I do not know if this was done on purpose but it went well with the rest of the movie. Viewers had to draw their own conclusions on what is reality and what is fiction. This is a weird concept considering it is a completely fictional movie and you distinguish fact and fiction in the story line. There are alot of questions i would like to ask Mike McCarthy but at the same time i dont want an answer. I like the way that I interpreted the movie, but at the same time i want to know what his interpretation is. Its a paradox.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the movie was just a group of pictures portrayed through video. The movie also did have very good character development and thought. Also, I do disagree on one, the lack of details didnt really make you think it was different, more like it made you think a little more to get the point.

    ReplyDelete