Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A streetcar named desire....

Saturday night was the opening of "A Streetcar Named Desire" at the Hatiloo theater. It was a very small theater and not what i expected. When i got there they said they did not have me on he roll so i had to show them them my email and that i actually paid for a ticket. The set was small but it was detailed. The audience had to imagine walls separating rooms and some other little things. Overall the acting was pretty good and they played their characters well. Stanley and Stella did a good job and portrayed the troubled family well. Blanch was a good actress and she really brought the audience into her roll as the rich and upscale sister of Stella. I thought the play was okay but i kinda expected more from it. Im not sure what i expected in terms of acting and a set but this was not it. At times the play was tough to watch or it got some what boring for me but other parts were very entertaining. I know it is a famous play for a reason but i just dont think it was my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment