Monday, November 16, 2009

Watching&Reading "A Worn Path"

When i first read the story "A Worn Path" i didn't care for it. It was slow and it seemed to be scattered in a sense. After watching the movie for it, it started to grow on me. Characters had faces and that made me dig deeper into the story than i previously had. Her determination showed through to me in the movie and i started to see it in the book. The hunter, white woman, nurse, etc all started to make sense to me. I could see someone's view on the story and how they interpreted everything. This did not change my view, on the contrary it reinforced my thoughts on the story. I was able to go back and read the story again with a foundation for the plot and characters. It helps alot to read, watch, then read again.

No comments:

Post a Comment