Monday, October 12, 2009

Green Zone New Orleans

The Poem that we listened to in class was very interesting to say the least. The poem was “Green Zone New Orleans” by Mark Yakich. It is different because it is a compilation of stories from different people. They are all reflecting upon religion and the troubles facing them in Louisiana. I thought the poem was based primarily on the aftermath of Katrina and New Orleans. I figured it was just the problems that people were having with life. Many of the words were of misery and despair. I thought that the part that said “F**K New Orleans” was one of the most moving parts of the poem. All the different voices made the poem speak to the audience in a different way, and therefore made the poem unique. I liked the idea of multiple voices in the poem, I just didn’t really like the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment