Monday, October 26, 2009

the possibilities......

The things that you can do at college are utterly limitless. I see all of the different majors at the University of Memphis and Im overwhelmed by all of it. I hate to just choose one major because there are so many things I would like to do. I see the nursing and premed programs that look hard but interesting. I like the English and math departments as well. It puts me at a dilemma at what I want to do with my life. I feel that engineering is the place for me to be but I do not really know. I like the engineering field but I want to learn other things as well. There is just so much to learn and so little time.

1 comment:

  1. I totally relate to that. My poor husband begged me to just pick something and land! I have degrees in philosophy, religion, history and English. At the same, time, though, I think it's an amazing opportunity to read broadly, be educated broadly. Even if you choose engineering as your final degree, the other pursuits are not wasted. You'll be more successful the more well-rounded you are. So many people think that if they're in the sciences or math, they don't need to worry about literature or history or writing. The fact is, all disciplines feed off of each other and benefit from the sort of mental calisthenics that are required to adapt to different types of learning.

    Good luck on your decisions!! I think you're an exceptional English student, by the way!

    ReplyDelete